i just read this on the motherlode blog:
http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/10/counting-cuddles/#more-3663
interesting, eh?
what do you think?
i especially like the part about breastfed babies sleeping less than bottle fed babies (i would've told you that one). i've had this nagging feeling since i started to bottle feed amelia that adeline was held more than amelia, so i have compensated that time in my head. this study helps to let me know that it's probably necessary for me to compensate (although for quite some time it took amelia a long time to finish a bottle).
so out of the home working moms out there, let the guilt go. & to *some* stay at home moms, stop judging those working moms! (or to some breastfeeding moms, stop judging those non breastfeeding moms, etc etc).
interesting, eh?
what do you think?
i especially like the part about breastfed babies sleeping less than bottle fed babies (i would've told you that one). i've had this nagging feeling since i started to bottle feed amelia that adeline was held more than amelia, so i have compensated that time in my head. this study helps to let me know that it's probably necessary for me to compensate (although for quite some time it took amelia a long time to finish a bottle).
so out of the home working moms out there, let the guilt go. & to *some* stay at home moms, stop judging those working moms! (or to some breastfeeding moms, stop judging those non breastfeeding moms, etc etc).







Saw this, loved this. For me, I really think getting out of the house and working makes me better when I'm with the kiddo. I'm more patient and I've missed him so much, I want to hang out with him. On the weekends when I don't have that, I sometimes find myself counting down the hours til bedtime. Kids are hard work.
ReplyDeletethe long term is always more important than the short in my opinion. i mean 22 minutes per day? what the heck ever - no one should feel guilty. we're all doing the best we can and ooh la la i breastfeed or stay at home or whatever. i dont think such things can quantify love, quality time, or predict a child's outcome
ReplyDeleteptttsh
yea, i've rarely come across a mom or basically a parent who say they are not trying the best they can. really, we love our kids & try to do the best for them...how could i not?! it is interesting to me how they quantified a lot of this, on the social-statistics side of things.
ReplyDelete